Smile Walk Event Details
- 2-hour Smile Walk at Hillman Marsh Conservation Area
- Family-Friendly, Individual or Team-Based Event; you can come by anytime between 9 and 11:30 and walk as little or as much as you’d like.
- Let us know you want to join the Chase Family & Friends Team or create a team of your own.
- Teams are encouraged to pick an “Earthy” or “Happy” theme for their team and be creative in coordinating team colours and accessories.
- Registration fee: $10 per participant or $30 per team (minimum of three members per team) Complimentary Re-Fill Sports Bottle included with Registration.
- All participants are encouraged to raise a minimum of $100 each in order to reach our fundraising goal
- Prizes will be presented to the Top Fundraising Team as well as the Top Fundraising Individual.
- Event fundraising goal: $10,000.00 raised for the Essex Region Conservation Foundation – Place For Life
- Hot Dog Lunch will be available from 11 til noon, as well as cupcakes in honour of Dennis’ birthday!
- Please bring lawn chairs and a small cooler of snacks for yourself or your team.
- Water stations will be available for re-filling your complimentary sports bottle. Hot chocolate, coffee and tea will also be available throughout the event.
- Craft table will be set up for children and adults to participate in fun activities.
Schedule of Events:
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
Opening ceremonies at 9 a.m. with presentation of plaques for the Dennis B. Chase Optimism Awards
Walkathon from 9:30 – 11:30am
Lunch & Closing Remarks – 11:30 – 12pm